I’m kind of a nut for sporty fashion (in case this blog about sporty fashion didn’t prove it). What I especially love to do when planning a look is imbuing it with athletic accents even if the occasion and the dress code are anything but athletic. Take my wedding dress: I really wanted it to have racing stripes down the sides and a racerback. I settled for spaghetti straps and a 10-mile run on the big day.
To the point: As evinced from the Fall 2016 shows, the fashion pendulum is swinging away from the sleek modernity of normcore and sport references and toward more-is-more femininity. That just ups the ante for those of us who like to throw some Sporty Spice into the mix. Going for the full baby doll look this spring, replete with cotton eyelet ruffles, floral print silk, and head-to-toe pink? An intentional hit of the hard stuff will keep you from OD’ing on sugar and keep your friends guessing. Where is she going in that frothy confection with her hair pulled back and sneakers so bright? Why, to a Tough Mudder, of course.
- Proenza Schouler Yellow Perforated Leather Small Lunch Bag Clutch, $840
- Adidas by Stella McCartney Adizero Gilet, $225
- Joshua Sanders Sparkle NY Sneakers, $410
- Koral Aerate Tank, $77
- Tabula Rasa Black and White Nivala Jogger, $395
- The Transience Spacer Mesh Gym Tote, $175
- Tibi Structured Crepe Strapless Drape Dress, $425
- Veja Esplar Leather Sneaker, $120
- Marni Triple Star Pendant Earrings, $680
- Vimmia Arc Pant, $124